10am – 5pm daily
Closed Christmas Day
(NB: The Memorial's galleries are progressively closed from 4:40pm for the Last Post Ceremony.)
Admission to the Memorial is free
Closed during Easter.
10 am – 5 pm daily
Closed Christmas Day
You can also shop online
8.30 am – 4.30 pm daily
The Landing Place (located in Anzac Hall)
10:30 am – 4.30 pm daily
There are many wonderful events happening at the Memorial throughout spring. From art talks, behind the scenes tours and kids story time, there is something for everyone.
Free 30, 60 and 90 minute highlight tours of the galleries are conducted daily by the Memorial's voluntary guides.
For further details see the tours section.
The Discovery Zone
The Discovery Zone is an educational space for visiting school groups. The public is invited to enjoy this space from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm on weekdays and all day during weekends, public holidays and ACT school holidays. For further details see the Discovery Zone page.
Information desk & cloaking
The information desk is located in the Orientation Gallery, at the main entrance. The staff here can assist with general enquiries and provide maps, brochures, and tour information.
Free cloaking facilities are available in the Orientation Gallery.
- Parking in all Memorial car parks is limited to 4 hours between 7.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. More information about the parking.
- Underground car park is near the main entrance.
- The underground car park has disabled car parking spaces. Entry is from Fairbairn Avenue. Drop off/pick up point is available near the Main entrance. More information about access.
- Above ground parking available on Treloar Crescent. Walk to the main entrance via the Sculpture Garden.
- Bicycle racks are available near the Memorial Administration building and at the entrance of the C.E.W Bean building.
Regular bus services run between the City centre and the Memorial on route 10 on week days and 930/931 on weekends.
ACTION Buses website has the latest news and timetables for public transport in the Australian Capital Territory.
- Plan your visit to Canberra with official tourism and destination information from VisitCanberra.
- Accommodation packages
- Friends of the Memorial discount accommodation
Maps of the Memorial grounds